Friday 8 October 2010

blog post 1

For our first lecture on Professional Practice in the Games Industry we talked about what the module was and what we wanted to achieve when completing the third and final year.
My goal when finishing the third year is to get a job as a games environment artist. To do this I will need a good understanding of environment modelling, lighting, texturing the use of other programs and also how to make a very attractive show reel.
In my spare time I have been looking at two types of show reels, these are: -
·         Video games environment.
·         Video games lighting.
After looking at several show reels I started to get a good understand on what the key features are of making a good and professional show reel.
I found that starting off with your best piece of work is always a good start, this being because you want to grab the audience’s attention with something outstanding. For the middle part of the show reel you want to put verity in, for example, if I was to create an environment show reel I would show the different art styles that I have done, such as: -
·         Modern/realistic
·         Futuristic
·         Cartoon
For the ending of the show reel you want to show the audience another good piece you have created or showing your first piece with different lighting or effects.   

No comments:

Post a Comment